Network Threat Support Specialist
The Network Threat Support Specialist analyzes, maps, protects or discovers vulnerabilities, intrusions and threats in computer network systems.
- Has a working knowledge of forensic media analysis
- Performs in-depth diagnostic analysis of computer and network intrusions, determine if modifications have been made to a suspect system(s) and the vector by which that modification occurred;
- Performs in-depth analysis of computer and network intrusion incident data and in-depth technical analysis of network traffic with the goal of detecting malicious activity
- Performs long-term and time sensitive, in-depth technical analysis of malicious code (malware), analyze the inner workings, and develop defensive countermeasures
Qualifications include demonstrated combined experience in ...
- Has demonstrated skills in analyzing intelligence information and technical data, analyzing exploitation opportunities, documenting information and processes, gathering intelligence information of an identified activity through SIGINT and/or other intelligence disciplines, Internet, and other research means, interpreting analytical results, writing and editing skills at a technical/professional level, and managing internal and external customer relations
- Has demonstrated skills working through the SIGINT and/or other intelligence production processes, to include tasking, researching, processing, reporting, and disseminating of collection, information, or final products. Shall demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret technical data through knowledge of technologies and topologies
- Has continuous years of work experience in network and vulnerability analysis
- Bachelors degree in an applicable (math, science, computers, engineering) field may be substituted for some experience
- Intelligence Community experience in network and vulnerability analysis